Saturday, May 12

Engagement Session: Cassie and Ben


She really just wanted an iPhone. So when Ben went out to his truck one night and brought in an iPhone box, Cassie was too excited opening the box to notice Ben getting down on one knee and reaching for her hand.  Ben had put the engagement ring box inside of his sister's old iPhone box. Cassie said yes (of course) but five minutes later, after the surprise had  worn off she asked, "Do I still get the phone?"

I met this wonderful couple a few months ago to talk about the wedding and I was absolutely ecstatic when the two decided to choose me to photograph their nuptials in September. Cassie and I have been texting, emailing, and Facebooking (that's a word, right?) over the past few months and it was hard to tell which of us was more excited for the upcoming engagement shoot. I arrived at their house last Sunday a few minutes early and caught Cassie in her rollers and an adorable dress. I'm pretty sure she's one of the only girls that can look beautiful in rollers. One thing's for sure: Ben is one lucky guy.

And he knows it. You can tell by the way he looks at her. He was such a trooper for the entire shoot. Kissing, posing, and lifting her on demand as many times as we asked him too. When we paused to take a few pictures in the shade, Ben showed his love for Cassie again. After asking if she ever did get the iPhone (not yet), I asked how long these two have been together. "About a year and a half," she answered. "Some people think that's too fast," she explained, but Ben cut in- "When you know, you know."

And just like that, it was completely apparent to me: these two gorgeous individuals have the real thing. They were complete naturals. I never had to coach them to look at each other, laugh, or kiss. Because it is natural for them- and they'll be doing that for the rest of their lives, even when the cameras aren't around.









Cassie and Ben- Thank you so much for allowing me to capture just a glimpse of your love. You two have the most amazing personalities and are so cute together! I can't wait for the wedding!

Keep smiling,
Kaylina

4 comments:

  1. LOVE :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of my beautiful niece and soon to be wonderful nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Cassie you are so beautiful, and Ben is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love These Pictures!* You're So Beautiful!* Congrats Again To You Both!*

    ReplyDelete