Saturday, December 10

Date Day at CMA



Maybe it's because we're both in college or maybe it's because we've seen every single episode of The Office AT LEAST seven times- but whatever it is, Blake and I don't get out much. And we're okay with that. We spend 99.9% of our nights hanging out in front of a computer working on school stuff or in front of a tv watching Hulu/Netflix. So sometimes the wild woman in me just screams "I have to go do something!"

And that is how we found ourselves at the Columbus Museum of Art two weeks ago. We made a whole day of it. Lunch at Max & Erma's- yes, we're fancy. Believe it or not I've never been to a Max and Erma's before but I will definitely being going back for the most amazing tortilla soup I've ever had in my life. Then off to CMA. If you've never been- you should definitely go. It's such a beautiful building with amazing architecture and it's only $10 (less for students, kids, and seniors)! Seriously. Go. At the risk of sounding like a PSA... it's fun for everyone. They've got weekends planned for kids once a month and there is definitely something to keep everyone entertained. Although I will say that if you don't have kids (or don't like kids) don't go on a family weekend. Blake and I spent half of our visit trying to stay a room ahead of the Brownie troop visiting that day.

 You can put these chairs on my Christmas list. Seriously, how amazing are these?
 And I think this is on Blake's list...

My favorite discovery was in the love room where they had a "peace tree".



Blake and I had an amazing day pretending to be cultured people. Armed with only Blake's knowledge gained from a quarter of art history 101, we explored the museum for hours. And because the CMA allows you to take pictures of most of their exhibits, I got some great pictures out of the experience. Could not have asked for a better day out. It will definitely hold me over until next year when we go on another "date day".

Keep Smiling!
Kaylina

0 comments:

Post a Comment