Sunday, December 22

Here's to 2014...


It's that time of the year again, when people look forward to the new year and make promises to themselves to make it even better than the last. I've never been very good at setting New Year Resolutions, I end up forgetting by February what I set out to do and settle back into my old habits. This year, Blake and I decided to write out our goals and make them SMART.

As business majors, we've had the concept of SMART goals drilled into our heads and decided to actually use something we learned in college! For those that don't know, a SMART goal, is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. In addition to making our goals SMART, we'll be putting them on display in our home so we can't forget or avoid them. I decided to only set three goals this year so I would be able to focus on them a little more and not overwhelm myself.

My first goal is photography related of course. As a part-time photographer with a full-time job, it is often difficult for me to find time to keep up on my blog. In 2014 I would like to blog at least twice a month. This one makes me the most nervous because I won't be able to fudge the truth if I miss my goal, but I think it will ultimately make me a better photographer if I can make it a reality.

My second goal is more personal. After moving away from our home town, Blake and I have not been able to find a church to attend regularly in Columbus. In 2014 I would like to find and attend a home church in Columbus that is close to our home and reflects our personal beliefs.

My last goal is by far the most foreign to me. When asked what I do for fun I often answer, "eat and sleep". I My perfect day includes stuffing my face and then taking a nap. But, in 2014, I'd like to become more fit by working out twice a week. More specifically targeting my arms, shoulders, legs, and waist.

I'd love to hear everyone else's SMART resolutions because holding each other accountable also will help everyone reach their goals.

Keep smiling!
Kaylina

0 comments:

Post a Comment