Sunday, February 9

Limiting my focus...

I launched my new website a little over a month ago and several people have noticed something missing... I no longer have a gallery dedicated to family, baby, or senior portraits. I'd like to take a quick moment to talk about the new direction I've decided to take Kaylina Norton Photography.

I started a full-time job in August. As much as I love doing photography, I'm not a point in my life right now to be able to be a full-time photographer.  Taking on a full-time job gave me both an option and a restriction at once: I did not need to accept every shoot that I was offered to me for monetary reasons and I no longer had the time to shoot them all anyway. So I decided to narrow the focus of my business on the shoots I felt were the best fit for me, not necessarily my most profitable shoots.

I have decided to focus my business on couples and senior portraits. An odd combination, I realize, but they are the shoots I enjoy the most and feel most closely represent my style and skills. I absolutely love getting to know the love stories of the couples I get to know through their engagements and weddings, and the personalities of the high school seniors I have the honor of capturing at such an important time in their lives.

It's not that I don't like getting to know the families and babies that I've had the pleasure of shooting in the past, I just feel that my skills are better aimed towards older subjects. I honestly feel more comfortable referring inquiries and clients to other local photographers who specialize in those areas. And that's what I've been doing for the past couple months as I've received inquiries about doing family and baby portraits.

I want to thank each and every client I've had over the past few years who helped my business grow. Especially those who did trust me enough to capture your family's and children's special moments- you allowed me to hone my skills and learn more about myself and my style and your trust in me means the world to me. I will miss the cheesy smiles, sticky hands, and sugar rushes, but I'm sure I'll change my mind in a few years when I have an adorable mess of my own.

As a temporary goodbye, here are some of my favorite pictures of little ones...






Keep smiling,
Kaylina

Special note: I no longer have examples of senior portraits on my website, but you can find galleries on my Facebook page if you're interested!

0 comments:

Post a Comment