Saturday, November 30

The Pixar to my Tim Burton


As we were driving home from Thanksgiving at my parents' home, I let it slip that I sometimes personify household objects that have crappy jobs, like toilet paper. It only took me thirty seconds to spill my secret habit of giving inanimate objects grumpy personalities, but by the time I was done with my story I was convinced that Blake was going to decide to call off the wedding and never speak to me again because I was that crazy and strange. He was silent for five seconds before he said, "Really? I like to think they high five each other when it's their turn to get to work". What he said next could not have been more perfect. "That's the difference between you and I. You lead a Tim Burton life and I'm Pixar."

That was the moment I was reminded of just how thankful I am to have him. To have a man that not only doesn't judge my tendencies to give toilet paper a personality, but is quick to provide his own, more cheerful, version. To have a partner who is the Pixar to my Tim Burton.

Keep smiling,
Kaylina

0 comments:

Post a Comment